The rain total predicted is almost ¾ of an inch and the winds are high during the week (30 – 40 MPH plus) with higher gusts (50 mph). With these conditions I am afraid that the roads may be difficult, camping miserable at best, driving campers may be challenging if not dangerous and temperatures barely manageable. Some of the forecasts suggest a chance of rain on Friday, but honestly, I can’t believe the weatherman much since they didn’t predict well for this one. I am betting that the instant this message goes out the sun will come out and the weather will be perfect. So, with great regrets and most importantly with everyone’s safety in mind we are reluctantly postponing the March Madness outing to May 19-21. Campers hauling in big winds is not a good idea, tenting in high winds is problematic, road conditions may not be the best leading to the claim. I really hate doing this, believe me, this really stinks – we have been planning this since December and both Phil and I along with the GPAA and others are truly disappointed.
The weather in May has to be better than this week’s weather and the ground will most certainly be drier so please save the date. If you have registered with us for this outing, we ask that you let us know if you can make these new dates with a simple email. No need to reregister.
Again, so very sorry for this change in your schedule….Please understand we are doing this with the greatest reluctance and with yours and our safety in mind. I suppose the gold gods have sent us a message this time around.
Really hope to see you all in May, for those who are coming in from way out of town – our deepest apologies.